Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SOCIAL SECURITY PART 6

HELLO WORLD

I don't know why I have been starting my messages with HELLO WORLD.  The world is not interested in what I have to say.  Only people in the United States, maybe.  So, in the future, I am going to drop that heading.


OPINIONS  BASED  ON  FACTS

          OVERVIEW                                Published Dec. 28, 2010
          SOCIAL SECURITY PART 1    Published Dec. 30, 2010
          SOCIAL SECURITY PART 2    Published Jan. 10, 2011
          SOCIAL SECURITY PART 3    Published Jan. 17, 2011
          SOCIAL SECURITY PART 4    Published Jan. 24, 2011
          SOCIAL SECURITY PART 5    Published Jan. 31, 2011
          SOCIAL SECURITY PART 6    Published Feb. 07, 2011

SOCIAL SECURITY PART 6

FOLKS, I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO YOU TO TRY AND GET YOUR ATTENTION.  WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING IS TRUE, BASED ON FACTS THAT YOU CAN CHECK OUT FOR YOURSELF.  IT IS GOING TO AFFECT YOU.

THIS STUFF IS TRULY IMPORTANT,

IMPORTANT FOR YOU - NOT ME.

I suppose you would then ask, well why are you bothering to do this if it isn't important to you?  My answer is that, it is important to me, not for me.  Whatever happens with Social Security, I don't think, will effect me.  That's probably what I should have said.  It will effect my children and grandchildren and most of you and yours.
It's important to me because I care about my country and all our people.  Corny?  Maybe, but it is the way I feel.  More than that, I simply can't stand the misleading and down right fraud, that our Government has done. 

Now, don't misunderstand my statement about our Government committing fraud.  I love our Government. It is the best in the world.  Remember, DEMOCRACY IS A VERY POOR FORM OF GOVERNMENT, BUT, I WOULD REMIND YOU NEVER TO FORGET THAT ALL THE OTHERS ARE SO MUCH WORSE.  (From "Slattery's People" TV drama.)

Maybe some of you have been reading my Blog and are not concerned or maybe you are concerned, but don't know just what to say to me about this SS problem.  If you are concerned, but don't know what you can do about it or what you can say to me, let me give you some food for thought.

You could tell me that you don't know what you could do about all this or that you just don't believe this.  You could say that you have read all 6 of the SS parts and don't understand them.  That would mean a great deal to me, because, that would tell me that I have to say these things in a different manner.  You could tell me that you are convinced that the Fed. Government will do whatever it wants to do no matter what the people say.  You could tell me that you just don't want to be bothered with this. 

All of these things would be a great deal of help to me and what Dr. Smith Ph.D. and I are trying to get done. 

IF YOU WILL MAKE SOME COMMENTS TO ME, LIKE ANY OF THE ABOVE OR OTHERS, AND IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME YOUR E-MAIL LINK, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO TALK WITH YOU DIRECT ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL OR ANY QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE THAT I HAVE NOT ADDRESSED.   Your e-mail address will go no further than me and I will not use it to bug you about things either.




CONGRESS RECONVENES FEBRUARY 14, 2011.

It is quite probable that they will immediately take up work on the budget and cutting spending.  If that is the case, Social Security will pop up quickly. 

If we don't start working together, in the very near future, the consequences are not going to be anything that we'll like.

I know it is hard to believe that our honored elected officials would do what they have done, but please, please believe me, they have done this. 

The time has come when something is going to happen, it has to and if the people don't get together and make it known what has happened, social security, as we know it, IS OVER.

Melodramatic? yes, maybe, but I don't think I am over stating the present situation.

 I am going to list, in short form, what has happened and what can be done about it.  Read my other 5 parts about Social Security to really understand the detail.

THE PRESENT SITUATION

1.     Starting 25 years ago, the Fed. Government took, and is still taking, all FICA money, not needed to pay present benefits, from the Social Security Trust Fund, which is illegal to do, per the Budget Enforcement Act of 1990.

2.    The Government has taken out 2+ trillion dollars from the Trust Fund and is, now, taking out approximately 400 million dollars a day.

3.    The Congress, reconvenes Feb. 14 and one thing they want to do is to drastically cut Social Security.  In fact, some want to do away with it entirely.

4.    There are two problems that must be fixed.  REPLACE THE MONEY THAT  HAS  BEEN TAKEN  OUT  AND  STOP TAKING  OUT ANY MORE.

5.    The money can be replaced without increasing the National Debt.

6.    All of us, together, can get these problems solved by writing and calling our Representatives and Senators.  It has been proven in the past that this approach does get results.


See you next week with more information on what we can do and when.

Floyd

PS.  An additional thought.  I have been making an issue of the difference between an Entitlement program and an Insurance program. 

The difference is that an Entitlement program is one for which the Fed. Government provides the money from General Revenue for implementation and on-going need.

An Insurance program is one for which the insured pays the money for that insurance and for that insurance only.  In the case of Social Security, that money, by law, cannot be used for anything else.  Also, in the case of SS, the insured pays the insurance premiums through payroll deductions called FICA (Federal Insurance Contribution Account.)

No comments:

Post a Comment